Stay at Miranda Homestead Miranda
Welcome to the Miranda Homestead Bed & Breakfast and Homestay.
A beautiful Country Residence on the edge of the Stunning Coromandel just a stone’s throw from Auckland
Located 1 hour from Auckland Airport,and 25 minutes from Thames,
Miranda Homestead Bed & Breakfast is the perfect stopover accommodation. Situated in a comfortable country house, you can choose between the Homestead Room that consists of a large King Size bed, or The Miranda Room, with a Queen Size and a single bed, both with spacious bathrooms and WiFi. The rooms are suitable for up to 4 people.
Or, you can have a little more privacy, and stay in the Self Contained Unit on the property. This has a Queen Size bed, kitchenette, ensuite and comfortable living area.
A continental or cooked breakfast with fresh homegrown produce is also included and is served on the sunny deck or in the dining room. Dinner can be organised by arrangement.
Located only an hour from Auckland, the picturesque rural countryside is perfect for the first night’s stay in New Zealand, and those visiting the Coromandel Peninsula. The area is known for its Godwits migration, and you can view many birds on the Seabird Coast or visit the Shorebird Centre. Alternatively, relax in the Miranda Hot Mineral Pools only 2 kms from the Homestead. Savour award-winning fish and chips and take in the atmosphere of the area at the local pub on the Firth of Thames at Kaiaua. Regional park walks are also popular, with two Parks close by.
Stay at Miranda Homestead B&B before and/or after cycling either the just opened Miranda to Kopu (near Thames) section of the Hauraki Rail Trail – part of the great New Zealand Cycle Trail. At present, this goes from Miranda through to Kopu, then onto Paeroa, and finally onto Te Aroha.
Ellie welcomes you with great hospitality having been an international flight hostess, and she is also a registered nurse. The Miranda Homestead offers visitors a variety of opportunities:
- Godwits migration on the seabird coast October – March
- Visit the Shorebird Centre
- Picturesque rural countryside
- Large comfortable Homestead
- King size bedroom and Queen size room available
- A separate bathroom for each room.
- Relax in the Miranda Hot Mineral Pools (2km away)
- 1 hour from Auckland Airport
- 25 minutes from Thames
- 1 hour from Hamilton
- Enjoy cooked breakfast on the deck (with fresh home-grown produce)
- Walk the Regional Parks
- Savour local fish and chips at Kaiaua
- Cycle the Hauraki Rail Trail (soon to be opened Kaiaua to Kopu section goes right past the driveway)
- Free WiFi
- Receive a hospitable welcome from Ellie, who was an international flight attendant and is a registered nurse.