Stay at Mahana Lodge Picton
Mahana in Maori means warm and this is the welcome you’ll receive.
Welcome to Mahana Lodge. Conveniently located on the waterfront in Endeavour Inlet, near the world-famous Queen Charlotte Track in the Marlborough Sounds, Mahana is a respite from the hustle and bustle of city life.If you are looking for accommodation on night two of your walk or cycle along the Queen Charlotte Track, or perhaps want a few days away from it all, the warm hospitality of Mahana will ensure that your stay is a memorable one.
Mahana in Maori means warm and this is the welcome you’ll receive. Stay in our purpose-built lodge with its four stylish ensuite-rooms, large shared guest lounge with stunning water views and enjoy wonderful home cooked meals using local fresh produce and free range eggs for breakfast. This is the way life used to be! The views of beautiful Endeavour Inlet are yours to enjoy – your peace only broken by the song of the bellbird.
- The historic Mahana Homestead is the heart of the Mahana Lodge complex, set in 40ha of native bush and established gardens. This building is more than 100 years old and is surrounded by cottage gardens, native bush and an expansive lawn set right on the beach front. It was once the centre of a large sheep farm but now the farm has been returned to forest and the lovingly restored homestead welcomes travellers instead.
- Mahana Lodge is operated by Juliet and Steve Gibbons, Marlborough locals with nearly 20 years’ experience welcoming visitors to the Sounds.
- During your Mahana stay, your every need will be met by our hospitable and experienced Lodge Managers, Leanne & Rhys, who have travelled the world to find themselves now at home in the Marlborough Sounds. Rhys is also a trained chef skilled in preparing beautiful meals while Leanne is responsible for front of house and reception.
- Environmental Sustainability
- It is an important part of the Mahana philosophy to operate in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- The Lodge is well insulated, warmed by the sun, and heated by a log fire to reduce energy usage. Produce is either grown on the property or sourced fresh locally where ever possible and you will love our free range eggs. We also compost, reduce, reuse and recycle our rubbish wherever possible, use the sun’s rays to heat our water, and we conserve water and electricity where we can.
- Dining at the Lodge
- The tariff includes a continental breakfast with eggs. Children 10 years and over are welcome, but we are unable to accept bookings for younger ones. Please arrive before 6pm as this is the latest time we accept check-ins. Daily housekeeping and daily on-site management are included in the room rate. We are closed from 1 May to 30 September.