Stay at Kepler Mountain View Cottage Manapouri
Ray and Jessie of Kepler Mountain View offer well appointed quality modern accommodation in 3 self contained holiday cottages located at Lake Manapouri, the gateway to Fiordland National Park, one of the worlds largest World Heritage Parks.
Kepler Mountain View Cottages at Lake Manapouri have stunning views of the Kepler, Hunter and Takitimu Mountains and are the perfect places to base yourself while visiting the world renown Milford and Doubtful Sounds and exploring Fiordland.
At Kepler Mountain View our water supply is fresh Fiordland rainwater which has no need for chemical processing. Enjoy drinking and showering in Fiordlands pure rain water. All our properties are all fully insulated and constructed from renewable resources. We are carbon positive with a 25-hectare forestry block planted in 1995 which off sets our own carbon footprint. We use a professional cleaner in all our cottages to ensure the properties are presented to a high consistent standard, our cleaner uses eco friendly cleaning products.
Your hosts, Jessie and Ray are both well versed about the surrounding area and Fiordland National Park and can help you with planning your trip to maximise your time while exploring Fiordland National Park and the surrounding Te Anau Basin. Ray works for a tourism company managing infrastructure and Jessie works as a fibre artist on their 12 acre Alpaca Farm Kepler Mountain View Alpacas.
Lake Manapouri is a scenic 10 to 15 minute drive from Te Anau.
Spotless, stylish and quiet – great attention to detail. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Tom & Bonnie – USA
Thank you for sharing your little piece of paradise. What a wonderful place, we feel right at home. Neil & Toni – Townsville, Australia
Kepler Mountain View Cottage
No.16 Motu-au Close Cottage
No.18 Motu-au Close Cottage
- Alpaca Farm Tours offer the opportunity to:
- Meet our alpacas and cria (babies)
- Learn about alpaca farming in New Zealand
- Feed friendly alpacas
- Unique photo opportunity!
- Allow one hour which also includes a visit to Wild Wool Gallery where Jessie’s hand made Alpaca fine accessories are available for sale along with alpaca wool, yarn, blanket, duvets and many other alpaca products.
- Alpaca Farm Tour Times: 10.30 – 11.30am
- Adult: $20
- Child: $10
- Book a farm tour now and experience the kiwi alpaca lifestyle. We offer fun farm tours where you can get closeup with our friendly alpacas, feed them and take beautiful photos! Learn more about adorable alpacas in a fun and personable way!
- Wild Wool Gallery is located on our 12 acre farm Kepler Mountain View Alpacas where Jessie works as a fibre artist creating unique one off fine accessories by felting alpaca fibre, silks and merino fibre.
- At Wild Wool Gallery we also stock a range of other alpaca products made from New Zealand alpaca fibre processed by a fibre co-operative we are part of and these include:
- Masterweave woven Alpaca blankets and scarves
- Alpaca socks
- Alpaca knitted baby wear
- Alpaca yarn
- Alpaca felted Goats milk soaps
- Alpaca soft toys
- Alpaca knitted hats, gloves and scarves
- Alpaca duvets (New Zealand and Chinese sizes)
- Alpaca Cot duvets
- A range of small gifts and souvenirs
- For that unique gift for yourself or to take home to a special person visit Wild Wool Gallery either in person or browse some products on our face book shop page