Stay at Bavaria Bed & Breakfast Hotel Auckland
BAVARIA BED & BREAKFAST HOTEL AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND
The Bavaria Bed and Breakfast is a small, charming hotel, seven minutes drive from central Auckland. It offers genuine Kiwi hospitality and has a wonderful, warm and inviting atmosphere. Situated on the western side of an extinct volcano and nestled in the very heart of Mt Eden, (one of Auckland's more picturesque and historic suburbs), it is the ideal place to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city yet near enough to visit. With only 11 guest rooms, we offer quality B&B accommodation, en-suites in each room, free wireless access, 8 car parks and a copious breakfast. The large, sunny guest lounge of our hotel leads onto a private deck and to a small exotic garden where you can linger with a book and coffee or just bask in the sun (because the sun always shines in Auckland!). Most evenings and over breakfast, guests chat to each other, share travel tales and a drink and in some cases become firm friends. There is often a tear shed when goodbyes are said.
The 100-year-old kauri villa was converted to a Bed & Breakfast in 1990. It was originally run for 25 years by Ulrike and Rudi from Germany, hence the name 'Bavaria'. The new owners, Patrick and Barbara, have travelled extensively and speak English and Mandarin. All staff are happy to assist you in making plans to explore Auckland and its surrounding highlights and to make your stay as fun (Number 1 goal) and informative as possible. We look forward to having you stay.
Languages spoken: Mandarin, English, German and French.
- 100-year-old kauri villa was converted to a Bed & Breakfast in 1990
- Accommodation in Auckland
- Our Bed and Breakfast has 11 comfortable non-smoking rooms. They all have en-suites, and are equipped with:
- commercial-quality firm beds
- private telephones
- free wireless internet
- suitcase racks
- clock radios
- electric blankets
- All single and twin rooms have king-single beds, the 5 double rooms have queen-or King size beds and 3 rooms have sunny balconies.
- The breakfast buffet is a house specialty offering a wide selection of freshly prepared and tasty food with a touch of German cuisine.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and cookies, a guest fridge, microwave oven and a guest computer with free wireless internet are available in the lounge.
- There are 8 off-street car parks in front of the premises.
- The breakfast buffet is a house specialty offering a wide selection of freshly prepared and tasty food with a touch of German cuisine. You have a daily choice of fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, fruit, salami, cheese, bread and cereals as well as a cooked option of boiled or poached eggs, German sausages and beans. You are also served with a bottomless pot of freshly made coffee or tea to kick start your day. We also cater for those with early flights who wish to have an early breakfast (continental only).
- Complimentary tea, coffee and cookies are available 24/7 in the guest lounge. You will also find a guest fridge if you wish to store your own food or drinks, and a microwave oven to use for meal preparation. We are happy to provide you with cutlery, plates and glasses when needed.